Bienvenido, Invitado
Nombre de Usuario Contraseña: Recordarme

Informe de un BETA tester !!
(1 viendo) (1) Invitado
  • Página:

TEMA: Informe de un BETA tester !!

Informe de un BETA tester !! 27 Ene 2010 14:01 #40785

Hola,

Aqui viene el informe de un amigo de la comunidad NTW que ha tenido el honor de testear una version beta del NAPO :

Esta en ingles...

Hay muy buenas noticias y hay malas, habra que esperar a los modeadores para tener algo magnifico.

"...

Here is english ( i hope understandable) version of my report. i ll add campaign description tomorrow.

Few days spent on Napoleon TW gave me plenty of things to think about
I spent some time thinking how do digest this big pile of information.i ll start from the very beginning and i ll go deeper and deeper into details.

Game was tested on:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3,00GHz
Memory: 4GB DDR2 800MHz
Graphic: Gigabyte GTX 285
MB: Asus P5QC

This configuration allows gameplay on max. details with no freeze nor any problems.
Graphic is simply overwhelming (it is not creme de la creme of the strategy game, but worth of notice). You can see lots of smoke in areas where infantry units are shooting and You can see very nice fire traces out of muskets and cannons.
Opposite - explosion of grenades thrown by the grenadiers is a tragedy. It looks like Jumbo jet engine sucked in a carriage filled with cow shit and pulverized it all over the throw area.

There s a brand new dvice built in the game. It is a voice chat. I had no chance to check whether it works correctly. No way to connect to anybody now.
Music has not been changed yet and comes from ETW. Other things like cannon and musket shots too.

First thing i did was running the Tutorial, but i just checked the content and left. Nothing interesting.
Secondarly i started to play SM battle of Ligny.
First thing i saw was very nice radar working like HUD. It is big, gives some informations about units - as usually, but also is informing us about bridges. Theres 2x zoom and You can see it quite big on the screen, but at the same time view of the battlefield remains clear.
This time You can see such a details like running units.

Napoleon,s battle menu allows to see more historical battles:
-Arcole
-Dresden
-Austerlitz
-Borodino
-Pyramides
-over the Nile
-Waterloo
-Trafalgar

Ligny gave me opportunity to test interface, units behaviour, orders obeying, fire orders, attributes, fatigue system.
I wanted also to check morale system, but full understanding of it will come with some data files readers after game release.

Interface

has been remodeled. Now You ll see one single line of buttons over the unit cards. Middle panel allows unit managing with directional and movement buttons. On the right side u have fire and formation buttons. Left side is containig run, group, preset formations, melee and retreat buttons. Wooow - RETREAT button works now 10/10.
I hope counter ll be back for replays, but there was no way to check it. Preview version has no replay loading button.
One thing is missing for me is unit order while group is formed when You use ALT button then GROUP button. It worked perfectly from early Games until MTW2. ETW engine was so poor, that this feature was not included regardles the fact it s important and usefull.
I haven t seen "inflatable stakes" in the game and i am keeping my fingers crossed for CA hoping they came to mind that it was bad idea. IMHO stakes were coming from the nuts dream. Just imagine unit of snipers travelling with telegraph poles and installing it within 8 secs before enemy cav arrives...
I haven t seen it, but idt does not mean it is not in da game. I saw just one light inf unit - french chasseurs.
Another new idea is General's abilities.
First of all there s a blue circle showing General's influence area. It s size is depending on General's abilities or experience. general can change units morale and experience level. There s a limited number of commands for each battle. Napoleon had possibility to improve units morale three times and this action was working on all units present in blue circle area when button was pressed. Experience gaining was working on one present in blue area and selected unit only. In case of Napoleon this action could be used twice.
I think that other things did not change and as previously generals presence is giving morale boost and his death causes morale shock changing in time into constant morale drop.

My opinion: I see big improvement here and all of this are good news for MP community

Units behaviour and reaction to orders

Most important thing is - units are obeying orders without any delays nor neglect.
Pretty amazing.......... no more triple R to see units running, no surprise that they slowed down by themselves.
More amazing is that "pavise man syndrome " is away. Units no longer run into shooting range but reaching maximum shooting distance are taking shooting position and firing with no further delays.
When unit is highlighted one single click on enemy unit is enough for Your unit to turn the face toward enemy, reform and start shooting enemy flanking unit.
Formation change when moving lasts just few seconds. Soldiers are breaking lines like falling house of cards and pretty quick we can see a column instead of triple line.
There's no magic line/column button and no preset formation.

One sad thing is that "snake tail" is still present . Unit in double line ordered to melee acts like lap dancer on the stick making weird moves. Unit deep for 4-5 lines is attacking properly without any strange behaviour.
Another - square formation is formed with speed of light and squared units can't to move

My opinion: it is revolution comparing to ETW, however some flaws are still present

Firing orders

Playing France i could check numerous units as: Militia, National Guard, Revolutionary Infantry, Fusilliers of the line, Chasseurs, Grenadiers, Young Guard, Old Guard
I was surprised again. BAI is quite amart now.
Line units are firing for distance of 80m.
Line infantry are firingfor 100m.
When i sent my light infantry to shoot out Austrian Grenadiers they started to run from my shooting area as soon as i had them in my shooting range....... Great - don't Ya think?
Fire rate and accuracy of basic units as Militia, National Guard and Revolutionary Infantry is low.
Light infantry is quite good, but nothing can beat Old Guard having accuracy 70 and Fire and Advance attribute.
Having just basic version it is hard to say how firing orders work in Napoleon. ETW offered different attributes like mass fire, fire by rank, paltoon fire and improved platoon fire.
I am somehow persuaded that after what i saw :
-there s no platoon fire (Old Guard or Young Guard did not used it during Ligny battle
-the only attribute present is Fire and Advance and it is available for elite units like Grenadiers and Guard.
pressing this feature in cas of Old Guard gives pretty impressive view.
Last row is advancing and firing then is replaced pretty fast. Effectivity of it remind me platoon fire, but under totally different approach.
Other units are diversified by number of rank allowed to fire.
In case of Armored Citizenry, Militia, Revolutionary Infantry thre s just first row able to shot.
Others are checking nasal holes and sharing expressions from last night rapes in a passive await for a free spot in a death row.
In other words these are the units to be placed in wide formation - as we all know it makes them vulnerable for melee attack as all of these units should have attriubute run_like_rabbit.
Line infantry is much better. It depends bow deep formation we create.
If it is too deep (more than 5 rows) You ll se first and second row shooting and some marauders from other rows are firing too.
Change to preset formation or to three row formation makes almost entire unit firing.
Why almost?....
Because there s "misfire" modifier working on the battlefield and gaining importance especially during rains - Your General is reminding it several times during wet encounter.
Avoid firing while formed in columns. Just forst row of soldiers is shooting.
All soldiers in units are standing. Slight change is seen in light infantry units. All soldiers are kneeling there.

My opinion: it looks good - including fire power diversification

Fatigue system

That's the point where my exaltation ends. Whoever developed it must have been passing thru difficult period in life.
As usually we have system with 6 states of fatigue
FRESH -> ACTIVE -> WINDED -> TIRED -> VERY TIRED -> EXHAUSTED

Just imagine level of my frustration when i ordered run to Cuirassiers thru the Ligny map twice ..... Their status changed to ACTIVE loool.
It is so much better than in ETW, where hussars were very tired after 500m run and single charge and i understand that developers took deeply into heart players protests, but this time they went too far....
Seeing it i started to measure time between next levels of fatigue.
Woow...
Heavy cavalry needed 9 minutes to be EXHAUSTED. It means 5.400 tics.
If we have same numbers and EXHAUSTED comes after 21.600 pts is passed , then run costs 4 pts per tic.
Firstly i thought that it is a step into a good direction, but hey....where's strategic aspect of the game.... this time cavalry can be everywhere with no fatigue, no loss of morale, no loss of speed, no loss of attack power.....
Next tests were even more frustrating.
Light cavalry needs some 5.700tics to be EXHAUSTED. Such a small difference between heavy and light cavalry? Just a speed difference? But almost equal speed drop time?
True drama started when i repeated my test for line infantry. Fussiliers of the line were as good as....... light cavalry LOOOOOLLL!!!!!!
5.700tics to get EXHAUSTED status.....
Infantry man better than cuirassiers horse???
Is it a clear info that TW is gravitating into pure arcade with wonderfull graphics? Or maybe it is another rushing game?

My opinion: It can not be accepted and MUST be changed. If not by CA action, then by hard work of moders....

Morale system

As i said before it is hard to say anything about it now, but one thik is worth of notice.
Now there's a morale bar present over the unit flag.
As i saw units are able to fight until their losses come to 60-80% depending on unit class and battle situation.
Artillery is complicating isituation as it's force is destroying balance. One battery shot is able to cause units with 50-60% of losses to run away.

My opinion: should be observed, but looks ok with musket fire. Melee looks quite OK, but at this stage i am not able to say that i am 100% sure of it.

Artillery

Another mistake.....
I had chance to test 6pdrs with 450m shooting distance, 12pdrs with 600m shooting distance and 6pdr howitzers with 400m shooting distance.
First of all - i haven't seen shrapnell. Just round shots and canister shots are available.
Howitzer looks quite OK. it is true that this gun is able to cause heavy losses, but firstly it has to hit an unit...... and it is not so easy.
Explosion makes quite nice hole in da ground.
Cannons are firing far behind shooting range. It does not make any damage to placed behind shooting range units, but it changes when You hit a house with an unit placed inside. House gets damage and unit gets losses.....
Canister shots are even worse. it s range is quite short, but when enemy enter shooting range and leaves it running away canister shoots are chasing this running unit even when 500m away. No losses, but for the Christ sake - is there no way that programists make good ballistic model taking into account that ..... let's say canister particles and round shots are loosing their energy close to their shooting range???? Is it so hard?
Another bad thing i saw is canister shoot hitting again the left wing of the targeted unit... WHY? Problem with nodes? It must be corrected. Cannons should try to hit the center of the unit, where losses might be devastating. If shot is oriented to the wing it looks like two guns out of four are missing target and another two are killing some soldiers, but canister is just half effective
The most devastating and unacceptable thing is fact that artillery is able to demolish every cavalry unit within seconds and devastate any infantry unit in column. I am comparing this element of the game to ETW mod TROM.
Artillery there is also able to hit badly cavalry units, but there's big difference between Napoleon and TROM. Hitting a cavalry unit on TROM makes You happy, because of low accuracy of cannons and hitting a cavalry on Napoleon makes You scared as every half of rounds is very well placed and one volley is able to kill 75% of cavalrymen in a unit..... far too many.
I looks like round shots has so big energy. Hitting people it is throwing them far away from their horses - up to 30m.
There s a new option in artillery like Barrage Fire. It is a fire order making Your battery to fire faster, but after a certain period canons must cool down, so battery remains silent.
Graphic effects are great. Round shots are leaving trenches in the battlefield.

My opinion: if it remains unchanged we ll face artillery ban in MP battles for sure

Cavalry

Charge on moving infantry units is strong. Charge in the back is even stronger.
There s no problem with razing elite unit while attacked by two cav units.
Square is effective as it was but can't move.....

My opinion: we should wait for full version for further evaluation
  • Página:
Página generada en: 0.57 segundos