+ Últimos Mensajes +

Últimas descargas

Bienvenido, Invitado
Nombre de Usuario Contraseña: Recordarme
Temas genéricos del Rome 2
  • Página:

TEMA: Los veteranos se van

Los veteranos se van 06 Dic 2013 13:29 #70592

Parece ser que este DLC de pago, cuando la campaña sigue aburrida y en un estado lamentable, esta provocando muchos veteranos abandonen el barco. Al menos hasta que SEGA de por terminado el Rome2.
Uno de los fundadores, o primigenios, del TWC, Garbarsardar tira la toalla y ya es el segundo que lo hace público.
www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?6...of-TW-RII-CA-and-TWC

On the subject of TW:RII, CA and TWC
Hi all, this is my last post in the R2 forum for the foreseeable future. I will probably post again here after all the development cycle of R2 will have been concluded, that is, in the unforeseeable future.

Why do I deserve a say?

Simply because I am a member of this community and a consumer of the product this community advertises and supports. Because this is exactly what TWC is doing, advertising and supporting, with the sole profit of collecting enough scraps off the table to keep the site running, often at a considerable cost for the owner of the site. I know, because I was the owner of the site for some years. It is part of the reason that I have been extremely circumspect in expressing my opinion. I have worked closely with CA in the past to restore the strained relations on the wake of RTW and there is at least one CA employee who as a member of this site offered an inordinate amount of time and effort to support this community; these are also factors that stopped me from posting this earlier. But I need some personal closure on the issue, and I am about to have it.

It's only a game, dude

Yep, and this is only a website. I don't see people self immolating about R2. That said, it is also a very diverse and interesting community in a very classical and very real sense. I am taking this as seriously as the media I use permits me to, and exactly as passionately as the subject material deserves;i.e., not that much.

First let's put some arguments to sleep

RTW was perfect: Well, no, it wasn't. Neither M2TW for that matter. We had the siege bug (!feature!), we had the inane Roman "factions", we had plenty of risible faction colours to distract us; that said, it was fun. The automatic equation that compares the number of concessions necessary to enjoy these games, with the inherent fun there is to be had, was always positive. And this is the first point I would like to make: any game, how much more a "historical" one requires a considerable degree of suspension of disbelief to have the effect that its theme denotes. That degree will become intolerable if the game is in such condition that it does not let you trick yourself into being immersed. Trick yourself into being immersed, I repeat. And that takes us to...

Historicity, realism, authenticity, plausibility: Yes, sandals. Occasionally Vandals too. The only valid concept for the TW series is plausibility. That works at every level; CAI, BAI, UI, the lot. One can cope with the "gamefact" that all soldiers dressed almost identically, that dead bodies may disappear (RTW) from the field, that diplomacy was always a bit of a tedious bore, but it becomes impossible to consider steppe tribes cruising in the Mediterranean, and impossible to consider that ages of siege warfare culminated in the use of torches. It is simply not plausible.

"You cannot compare unmodded R2 to heavily modded M2TW and RTW": OH YES I CAN. Is time flowing at different speed in CA HQ? Is it unfair to compare the work of paid professionals to that of unpaid amateurs? Is a salary an essential disincentive for producing games? The year is 2013 for everyone involved. I cannot ignore EB, RTR, TATW, DLV, VI2 and countless other projects that without any remuneration, generated hugely enjoyable gaming environments. R2 has to be judged in the present context of a user's expectations and this context contains all the modding advances since RTW. R2, ideally, should have incorporated all that, both in terms of essence and polish, and CA should have dealt with issues as pathfinding; it had the time, that is certain.

The game is unplayable: No it is very playable. One can play. It does not CTD on launch. Has a menu. Options. Bit of strawman this one don't you think? I would want to dive into the labyrinthine nightmare of corporate taxonomy, but "playable" is the kind of achievement, that the 1997 Plymouth Prowler, was proud of, or as the critics said: "...a flaccid little jerk of a car that threatened much but delivered little". It was "driveable", though.

Get on with it

Dear friends at CA, please imagine that you decide to treat yourself to a nice burger at meatliquor; the hype is that there is a new item on the menu, the BaconCheeseburger2, which will blow your mind. So say all food bloggers, so go the twits. Now imagine that the buns are made from a mix of gram and spelt flour, the patties are undercooked, the bacon overcooked, the lettuce stale and the red onions are simply not there; the mustard has been replaced by sour cream and the ketchup is a strange black "organic" liquid. And you find yourself, looking at the oak table, the chopping board and the lacquered floors and you think you came a long way from Wimpy, and you graduated from McD and BK and in the past years there are so many independent food stalls serving decent fare that this burger is unacceptable. And you decide to do the unthinkable, you complain to the waiter. The answer you get is the following: "I understand that some of you may experience discomfort at their meal, but we did not really try it before serving; your comments are of course welcome. Actually, the sour cream is a feature, the buns are the best our new oven can muster, we purposefully under cook the patties so you don't get cancer from saturated fats, the lettuce is a work in progress, the ketchup is an actual representation of the original condiment, so they told us, and as for the onions, we can add them with a 20p surcharge. Oh, and, here have a slice of transmogrified cheddar from ASDA, we forgot that because it does not work perfectly with the other ingredients."

And that is how I feel, except for the fact that at the moment, meatliquor is the only burger joint for miles. Not much choice.

R2 is a deeply flawed, partially completed, hastily assembled, sub-par product. It has no redeeming qualities. And most important, it's not fun. It's supposed to be fun. It's not. There is probably a good game underneath layers and layers of mediocre choices. There is evidence of hard work and of great ideas, all misaligned, all misused. I feel bad for the time I spent with it, I feel bad for the members of this community who either ranted against it or in vain try to support it, but mostly I feel bad for all the people who worked for it and were essentially betrayed by God knows what corporate concept. And frankly I'm a bit worried about TWC. Modifications are the bread and butter of our site and things do not look especially promising on this front. I can only hope that the modding summit will reverse the current trend.

The virtues of an apology

"Thou shall not apologise": is it a sort of corporate mantra? When I messed up as the owner of this place, I apologised. When my staff messed up, I apologised. When no one was sure who messed up, again, I apologised. I found that an apology, apart from being the only sincere thing one can do, is a mean to protect my staff, a mean to connect with the users, a sign that I care and I can take responsibility. "2%"? "We are aware of the issues"? "A feature"?. I say that in the most tender and respectful manner, but, please, grow a pair, and do yourselves a favour. And if it comes from the top of the ladder, then no one else should have to apologise for this product, ever again. It is a real shame that all the work hours that went into your product are permanently besmirched and nullified because of atrocious after sales PR.

Finally

I apologise for the less than friendly tone of this missive. I would like to be able to write one that heaps praise upon your work, CA, I really wanted R2 to be much better than this, both for you and for TWC. And Jack, sorry, but I just could not help it; all this do not diminish my respect for you, in the least. I wish you the best.

Take care,
Garb.

Las criticas a esta pre-alfa del Rome2, son tremendas y me da a mi que los de SEGA-CA no se quieren enterar que están a punto de joder la saga.
forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/11337...a56c3754555bf7bf2dfa

Por cierto EA ha sacado un comunicado pidiendo perdón por los errores en Battlefield 4 y comprometiéndose a no sacar ningún contenido de pago hasta que el juego no este arreglado. Igualito que los estafadores de SEGA.
Última Edición: 06 Dic 2013 13:31 Por CeltíberoClearco.

Re: Los veteranos se van 06 Dic 2013 13:53 #70593

• CeltíberoHSAT
  • Guardián Forestal
  • Vacceo Belicoso
  • Temas: 1097
Quizás los que abandonan el barco hagan algún otro juego de estrategia a su imagen y semejanza para alegría del personal. Quién sabe....

Re: Los veteranos se van 09 Dic 2013 10:57 #70644

• kiermel
  • Privatus
  • Temas: 11
Lo malo es que como en la comparación que hace de una hamburguesería, los Total War monopolizan este tipo de juego, no tienen competencia. Así que no se esmeran en hacer un juego mejor, ya que el que quiera este tipo de juego no tiene elección. Es muy triste
Uno pregunta, muchos responden, todos aprenden

Re: Los veteranos se van 09 Dic 2013 11:26 #70645

kiermel escribió:
.... ya que el que quiera este tipo de juego no tiene elección. Es muy triste
En parte llevas razón. Pero pensándolo bien: yo no quiero el tipo de juego arcade que esta haciendo SEGA-CA. Consecuencia: no pienso comprar nada más.

Re: Los veteranos se van 09 Dic 2013 14:46 #70652

• CeltíberoGil
  • Shogun Legendario [Admin]
  • Temas: 2548
Además como se descuiden un poco, alguna que otra compañía les coje la idea de lo que la gente pide y ellos no hacen y les levantan el mercado. Y si no al tiempo... Fijáos en los de Sony con la play. Estaban tan chulitos por el éxito de la 2, se confiaron y con la 3 los de microsoft les comieron el terreno. Consecuencia, están espabilando y la 4 no se retrasa.

Como estos de Sega y CA se duerman, alguien les quita el terreno. Porque son muchos los modders y demás peña que los están poniendo a parir. Y eso no le pasa desapercibido a nadie.

Los veloces no tienen la carrera, ni los poderosos la batalla... porque el tiempo y el suceso imprevisto les acaecen a todos. ( Ecle 9: 11)

Re: Los veteranos se van 10 Dic 2013 09:41 #70662

CeltíberoGil escribió:
Además como se descuiden un poco, alguna que otra compañía les coje la idea de lo que la gente pide y ellos no hacen y les levantan el mercado. Y si no al tiempo... Fijáos en los de Sony con la play. Estaban tan chulitos por el éxito de la 2, se confiaron y con la 3 los de microsoft les comieron el terreno. Consecuencia, están espabilando y la 4 no se retrasa.

Como estos de Sega y CA se duerman, alguien les quita el terreno. Porque son muchos los modders y demás peña que los están poniendo a parir. Y eso no le pasa desapercibido a nadie.

Que el Dios de los Juegos te oiga. ¡No nos caerá esa breva!!!

Re: Los veteranos se van 10 Dic 2013 22:50 #70682

Somos muchos los veteranos cansados de que las cosas se hagan cada vez peor...normalmente los juegos, las sagas, mejoran o como poco oferecen más de lo mismo...pero este Rome 2 totalwar creo que es el peor de la saga....me paerece tan nefasto; bugs, camapaña pesima, un juego online lento y con gráficos y luces que no estan ni a la altura del medieval 2...y mira que ha llovido...esto pasa por poner a los chavalines primos del pimiento y demás que son unos snobs sin idea ni cultura de nada llevando un proyecto como este.

Re: Los veteranos se van 10 Dic 2013 23:31 #70684

Este es el ultimo...
  • Página:
Página generada en: 0.63 segundos